On October 19-22, 2017, hundreds of pain professionals from across multiple disciplines gathered for our 28th Annual Meeting and the first-ever Integrative Pain Care Policy Congress. We heard from many of the most innovative leaders in pain care, and our attendees said it was our best conference ever! Several people also noticed a common throughout the presentations: Communication, education, empathy, empowerment and collaboration.
Look for a full recap of the Meeting in our next issue of The Pain Practitioner. In the meantime. Get the highlights here.
Core topics for 2017's meeting included:
- Successful Team Care and Integrative Pain Management
- Evidence Review of Back Pain Treatment
- Regulatory, Reimbursement Realities Around Integrative Back Pain Treatments
- Complex Cases in Low Back Pain
- Breaking Down Barriers to the Proliferation of Safe, Sane, and Effective Integrative Pain Management in the US
- Regulator Roundtable: What do the CDC, CMS, and other Regulatory Agencies Need to Know about Integrative Pain Management?
- Effective Communications between Patients and Providers
- Keys to Patient Adherence
- Personal Responsibility and Accountability
- Patient Self-management
- Experiential Sessions, such as yoga, tai chi, gentle stretching and meditation
Interactive case study sessions and best practices for assessment, diagnosis, treatment, effectiveness, and team approaches for:
- Neuropathic Pain
- Back Pain
Download the Schedule At-A-Glance (PDF)
2017 Schedule: Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4