New Website and New URL for the Academy of Integrative Pain Management
Monday, May 8, 2017
Posted by: Nicole Stagg
For immediate release
Last year, the American Academy of Pain Management changed its name to the Academy of Integrative Pain Management. Today they announced a new website and new URL that better describes who they are: http://www.integrativepainmanagement.org.
On why they changed the URL, Executive Director Robert Twillman, PhD, said, “We have 29 years of expertise as the only organization that has always promoted a comprehensive, multidisciplinary integrated, approach to delivering pain care. We wanted a URL that reflected our new name, and also emphasized our focus on, and commitment to, integrative pain management.”
AIPM has been, and still is, the largest national professional organization wholly dedicated to advancing the integrative pain care approaches that now define “best practice” in the National Pain Strategy published by NIH.
The website has been redesigned to make it easier to find the newest research, information and educational opportunities about integrative pain management. Features of the new website include:
- More options for AIPM members to create profiles and network with each other, including Shared Interest Groups.
- Access to 80+ accredited continuing education programs—many of which are free to AIPM members and available for a nominal fee for non-members.
- Quick registration for AIPM’s 28th Annual Meeting in San Diego, California, October 19-22, the largest and only meeting dedicated to integrative pain management.
- Access to AIPM’s digital publications, including Currents e-newsletter, The Pain Practitioner, AIPM’s blog, social media and YouTube Channel.
- Location-based search for patients to find pain providers nearby.
- Up-to-date news on AIPM’s pain policy and advocacy efforts.
- Easy access to credentialing opportunities, including the Advanced Pain Management Practitioner (APMP) Certificate Program – Prescriber Edition.
The new website can be found at http://www.integrativepainmanagement.org.
About the Academy of Integrative Pain Management
For almost 30 years, AIPM has been the only national professional organization dedicated to advancing the integrative pain care approaches that now define “best practice” in the National Pain Strategy published by NIH. The organization’s mission is to improve the lives of people with pain by advancing a person centered, integrative model of pain care through evidence-guided education, credentialing, and advocacy.
For media inquiries, please contact Bob Twillman at email@example.com.